Whether you are applying to be a Victoria Police Officer or a Protective Services Officer (PSO) you must:
- be 18 years or older
- be an Australian citizen, or hold Australian permanent residency
- if you are under 21 years of age, have passed the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or equivalent (Senior Level Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) is accepted).
- meet eligibility requirements regarding criminal and traffic convictions (see the Victoria Police website for more info)
- meet medical standards (see the Victoria Police website for more info)
- be fit and ready to work in a demanding and physically challenging role
- be prepared to undertake and maintain First Aid training.
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, applicants applying for Victoria Police Officer must hold a current Victorian Driver Licence (this is not a requirement for PSO applicants).