COVID-19 (Coronavirus) advice
The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) is contracted to provide testing of candidates for Police entry in Victoria. In view of conditions created by COVID-19, all sessions are being run in accordance with current Victorian Metropolitan restrictions. Victoria Police have confirmed that this can go ahead under current health department restrictions and as advised, all advice regarding hygiene and social distancing is being enforced. Your printed admission ticket contains date and location information to assist with travel to and from the venue.
Due to the large number of candidates, ACER may not be able to respond to individual enquiries regarding personal circumstances, and we ask that you read and follow the instructions in this message carefully before emailing.
Test venue admission:
- All candidates must bring their own mask and wear it at the test venue.
- All candidates must agree to have their temperature checked at registration.
- Candidates will not be admitted to a test centre if they:
- Have recorded a temperature of 37.6°C or above
- Have returned a positive COVID-19 test result in the 14 days prior to test day
- Are awaiting results of a COVID-19 test
- Have been identified as a close contact of a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to test day
- Are under self-quarantine instructions
- Are suffering from cold or flu symptoms including a continuous cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, aches and pains, or a runny or blocked nose.
- Note: as test supervisors are not qualified to assess symptoms of a medical nature, individuals displaying cold or flu symptoms will be asked to leave the premises.
Test venue set-up:
- Test rooms and any associated breakout areas have been adapted to allow for social distancing requirements and will operate in compliance with COVID-19 health regulations.
- Signage will be visible around the venue to remind candidates to follow COVID-19 safe practices.
- Hand sanitisation stations will be provided at all venues for use by candidates.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces at the test centres will be conducted.
- Surfaces including computer equipment in the test rooms will be cleaned and disinfected after every test session.
- Candidates will be supplied alcohol wipes to further sanitise their own station to their satisfaction.
Test centre sessions:
- You must follow all directions given by ACER and test supervisors in application of these COVID-19 procedures. Failure to do so will be considered misconduct.
- You must wear a face mask while attending your test session. The mask may be lowered for the oral component of the assessment.
- Follow all the COVID-19 social distancing markers and health regulations at the test centres.
- Practise social distancing and good personal hygiene at all times.
- If you start feeling unwell or experience the onset of any COVID-19 symptoms during the exam, please inform your test supervisor immediately and leave the venue.
- Any candidate who tests positive within 14 days of attending an exam session is required to contact ACER to alert us to the issue.
What to do if you can’t attend or complete your test session:
- Inform ACER immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A) If you are feeling unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms, consult a doctor (via Telehealth if you should not be physically attending a clinic) and provide ACER with a medical document stating your medical conditions within 3 business days of the test date
B) If you are under self-quarantine instructions, have been identified as a close contact of a confirmed case in the 14 days prior to test day, or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, provide ACER with the relevant supporting documentation.
- ACER will follow up with you to provide a new exam date at a suitable time. This deferral will be complimentary providing appropriate documentation is provided within the requested timeframe.
More information on exam dates and locations.
Last reviewed 20 July 2020